COVID-19 Pandemic. Impact on Hysteroscopic Procedures: A Consensus Statement From the Global Congress of Hysteroscopy Scientific Committee
- Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences Department, Minimally Invasive Gynecology Unit, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL. Electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Department of Public Health, School of Medicine, University of Naples, “Federico II” Naples, Italy.
- Centro Gutenberg, Endoscopy Unit, Malaga, Spain.
- Hillel Yaffe Medical Center, Hadera, Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion, Israel.
- Life Expert Centre, Leuven, Belgium.
- Department of Maternal and Child Health and Urological Sciences, “Sapienza” University of Rome, Rome, Italy.
- Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH.
- II Unit of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Department DIM, University “Aldo Moro,” Policlinico of Bari, Bari, Italy.
- Centro Medico Docente La Trinidad, Caracas, Venezuela.
- Center for Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery, Newton-Wellesley Hospital, Newton, MA.
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Madonna University Teaching Hospital, Elele, Rivers State, Nigeria.
- Spencer Hospitals, Margate, United Kingdom.
- Hysteroscopic Surgery Division, Women’s Health Centre, Jaipur, India.
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Second Affiliated Hospital of Xi’an Jiaotong University, Xi’an, China.
- Instituto de Medicina Integral Professor Fernando Figueira, Recife, PE, Brazil.
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, “Filippo Del Ponte” Hospital, University of Insubria, Varese, Italy.
- 1st Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Papageorgiou General Hospital, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece.
Free PMC article
- Al-Shamsi HO, Alhazzani W, Alhuraiji A. A practical approach to the management of cancer patients during the novel coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic: an International Collaborative Group. Oncologist. 2020 Apr 3 [E-pub ahead of print]
- Yang X, Yu Y, Xu J. Clinical course and outcomes of critically ill patients with SARS-CoV-2 pneumonia in Wuhan, China: a single-centered, retrospective, observational study. Lancet Respir Med. 2020 Feb 24 [E-pub ahead of print]
- Wu Z, McGoogan JM. Characteristics of and important lessons from the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak in China: summary of a report of 72 314 cases from the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention. JAMA. 2020 Feb 24 [E-pub ahead of print]
- Wang W, Xu Y, Gao R. Detection of SARS-CoV-2 in different types of clinical specimens. JAMA. 2020 Mar 11 [E-pub ahead of print]
- van Doremalen N, Bushmaker T, Morris DH. Aerosol and surface stability of SARS-CoV-2 as compared with SARS-CoV-1. N Engl J Med. 2020;382:1564–1567. – PMC – PubMed
- Yu F, Yan L, Wang N. Quantitative detection and viral load analysis of SARS-CoV-2 in infected patients. Clin Infect Dis. 2020 Mar 28 [E-pub ahead of print]
- Chan JF, Yuan S, Kok KH. A familial cluster of pneumonia associated with the 2019 Novel Coronavirus indicating person-to-person transmission: a study of a family cluster. Lancet. 2020;395:514–523. – PMC – PubMed
- Guan WJ, Ni ZY, Hu Y. Clinical characteristics of coronavirus disease 2019 in China. N Engl J Med. 2020 Feb 28 [E-pub ahead of print]
- Li Q, Guan X, Wu P. Early transmission dynamics in Wuhan, China, of novel coronavirus-infected pneumonia. N Engl J Med. 2020;382:1199–1207. – PMC – PubMed
- Li Z, Yi Y, Luo X. Development and clinical application of a rapid IgM-IgG combined antibody test for SARS-CoV-2 infection diagnosis. J Med Virol. 2020 Feb 27 [E-pub ahead of print]
- Prem K, Liu Y, Russell TW. The effect of control strategies to reduce social mixing on outcomes of the COVID-19 epidemic in Wuhan, China: a modelling study. Lancet Public Health. 2020;S2468–2667:30073–30076.
- Zhang W, Du RH, Li B. Molecular and serological investigation of 2019-nCoV infected patients: implication of multiple shedding routes. Emerg Microbes Infect. 2020;9:386–389. – PMC – PubMed
- Salazar CA, Isaacson KB. Office operative hysteroscopy: an update. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2018;25:199–208. – PubMed
- Cicinelli E. Hysteroscopy without anesthesia: review of recent literature. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2010;17:703–708. – PubMed
- Wax RS, Christian MD. Practical recommendations for critical care and anesthesiology teams caring for novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) patients. Can J Anaesth. 2020;67:568–576. – PMC – PubMed
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists. COVID-19: joint society statement on elective surgery. Available at:http://www.aagl.org/news/covid-19-joint-statement-on-elective-surgeries/. Accessed April 5, 2020.
- Farrugia M. University of London; London: 2009. Electrosurgery on the uterus: an investigation of the local and systemic effects [dissertation]
- Farrugia M, Hussain SY, Perrett D. Particulate matter generated during monopolar and bipolar hysteroscopic human uterine tissue vaporization. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2009;16:458–464. – PubMed